We are currently hiring Per Diem Eating Disorder Treatment Nurse (RN/LVN) for opportunities in San Diego, CA.
*Preferred Availability – Weekends and NOC shifts
Responsibilities of Per Diem Eating Disorder Treatment Nurse (RN/LVN):
- Assigns and supervises direct care staff. Delegates tasks to direct care staff including but not limited to vital signs, grooming, dining supervision, close observation when needed, etc. and ensures all tasks are completed.
- Assesses client health and well-being on a daily basis. Promptly reports concerns to the physician and other team members who need to know and documents all findings and interventions.
- Communicates pertinent nursing and care plan related information to direct care staff daily. Ensures “hand off” communication each shift.
- Participates in treatment team meetings and contributes to the client care plan on a regular basis.
- Participates in developing and maintaining the client treatment plan.
- Participates in client education and leads groups as assigned.
- Coordinates new admissions.
- Completes Weekly Nursing Update Assessment in the Electronic Health Record system.
- Supervises physician telephone or verbal orders.
- Supervises implementation of new medication orders.
- Ensures all allergies of each client on the MAR and on the chart.
- Supervises medications passes.
- Destroys wasted or discontinued medications per policies and procedures.
- Audits and monitors all controlled substances including recording of information.
- Ensures that all facility medication policies and procedures are followed.
- Monitors medication management of step down clients.
- Ensures that all clients in step down program take prescribed medications home
- Ensures that the physician obtains informed consent and nursing reinforces education prior to administering psycho-therapeutic medications.
- Serves as a liaison between physicians and the clients to answer questions about medication changes, physician appointments, and health related issues in a language the client can understand.
- Eating Disorder Facilities
Job Type: Per Diem
Required Education: Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Current California RN License
- Current BLS Certificate
- Minimum 2 years hospital based clinical experience.
- Basic knowledge of clinical procedures, medical terminology
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Preferred experience for Per Diem Eating Disorder Treatment Nurse (RN/LVN):
- 2 years clinical experience in a mental health or residential facility.
How to Apply
Apply to our job ad and we’ll invite you to a phone interview with our recruiter. The phone interview will give us an idea of your skills and experience but also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about our company and expectations.
Pre-Onboarding Requirement: Contingent upon completion of a Background Check and TB test.