Bay Area Cancer Connections (BCC) is an organization that provides resources and support for anyone affected by breast or ovarian cancer. BCC offers a multitude of services and programs, which include:
- Emotional Support. BCC offers compassionate support groups and counseling to help you on your journey.
- Information and Practical Help. This organizations offers an entire library of information about breast and ovarian cancers, as well as treatment options.
- Caregivers and Family. They also provide support to the caregivers and family members of people with breast or ovarian cancer.
- The Boutique. Whether you are looking for a free wig, hat, or scarf, or looking to get fitted for a bra and breast prosthesis, BCC has got you covered.
- Health and Wellness. Your physical and emotional health is important. In order to help you achieve wellness, BCC offers exercise programs, complementary therapies like meditation, and creative expression workshops.
- Special Presentations. Stay educated with one of BCC’s presentations, which they offer on a variety of topics.
Bay Area Cancer Connections of hosting a new support group for Spanish speakers, called the Spanish Language Breast Cancer Support Group: Mujeres Unidas. This group welcomes all women affected by breast cancer, including those who have received a breast cancer diagnosis, those who are currently in treatment, and those who have completed treatment.
If you are interested in attending this group, see the information below.
Location: Redwood City Medical Center
Date: Saturday, August 18th (2018)
Time: 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Next month, there will be a presentation on Clinical Trials. This presentation will be held at Sequooia Hospital on Tuesday, September 25th, from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM.
For more information, call (650) 326-6686 or visit www.bcconnections.org