Recovering from surgery, regardless of the type, can be physically and emotionally challenging for the patient and their family. It may not be possible for family members to take the necessary time off of work to care for a loved one after surgery. Caregivers can be a big help, but you may require an extra level of skilled care that can only be provided by a licensed nurse.
NurseRegistry provides the support you need so that you can heal at home. Our nurses can provide daily check-ups or around-the-clock care to ensure the utmost comfort during your post-surgical recovery.
A private nurse can help prevent post-surgical infections by providing the one-on-one attention you need, including wound care, pain management, and patient and family education. Nurses can also monitor the surgical site and immediately alert you or your caregiver if there are signs of post-surgical complications, reducing the risk of hospital readmission.
Our nurses provide care to people of all ages—infants, children, adolescents, adults, and seniors—and support to families. We are committed to providing skilled care of the highest quality, with the goal of a successful post-surgical recovery for the patient and their family.
Post-surgical services include:
- Patient and family education – review discharge instructions to ensure successful recovery
- Surgical site care, including wound care
- Monitoring for signs and symptoms of infection
- Pain management
- Medication management, including administration of oral or IV medications according to doctor’s orders
- Care team communication – contact patient’s doctor, surgeon, or other members of care team to revise care and provide status updates as necessary
Call 650-462-1001 to learn more about how we can ensure a successful recovery from surgery for you or your loved one.
Your Guide to Hospital Discharge
We have helped hundreds of families successfully prepare for discharge. Download our free guide to learn more about the hospital discharge process.
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter.