We all lead busy lives. Whether you live far away or simply lack the time, it may not always be possible to physically check in on a loved one. Individuals with aging family members, who live both near and far, look for the peace of mind that comes with having a licensed nurse provide wellness checks for a loved one on a regular basis.
At NurseRegistry, we provide wellness visits and medication management services to ensure the health and wellbeing of your loved one. Visits are tailored to the client’s unique needs and can be scheduled on an ongoing or as-needed basis.
It’s not only our aging population—anyone who has health concerns that leave them unable to manage their medication regimen could benefit from a private nurse. Caregivers may be able to provide some in-home assistance, but are unable to manage medication and handle other medical tasks that are best suited to a nurse.
A private nurse is able to help with the following:
- Vital signs monitoring
- Medication management
- Wound assessment and care
- Education to client, family, and caregiver
- Frequent communication with care managers or family about patient status
- Other services as requested
Medication management services include:
- Organize medications and assess ongoing medical needs
- Develop medication regimen and checklist
- Dispense correct dosage of each medication at the right time
- Fill pill boxes or medication dispensers; update with new medication orders
- Reconcile medications and notify client when refills are needed
- Reorder medications as needed and procure refills
- Check labels, expiration dates, and warn patient or caregiver about potential interactions