Stroke Recovery Care at Home
Hire a private nurse for home care after a stroke.
Nursing Care for Stroke Survivors
Having a stroke can be a life-changing event. As your loved one prepares to transition home, they may discover new challenges. Stroke survivors often require an extra layer of skilled care to address these challenges.
NurseRegistry matches stroke survivors with private duty nurses for one-on-one medical care. As your loved one progresses through their recovery, their needs may change. Nurses are responsive to these changing needs and will tailor care according to what is best for your loved one.
A private duty nurse is an important part of a well-rounded care team. Our nurses hold certifications in a variety of specialty areas. Our Care Coordinators will match your loved one with a nurse that best fits their needs and preferences.
NurseRegistry serves patients across California. Call 650-462-1001 to learn more about how a private duty nurse can help your loved one.
Our nurses can provide specialized care for stroke survivors. Services include:
- Tube Feedings. Your loved one may having difficulty swallowing after a stroke and require tube feedings. Our nurses can administer food and maintain feeding equipment.
- Airway/Ventilation Care. Our nurses can help with tracheostomy care (suctioning and cleaning) and other respiratory needs.
- Medication Reconciliation. Our nurses can organize and administer medications for stroke patients.
- Post-Surgical Care. Our nurses can monitor surgical sites and provide wound care to ensure proper healing.
- Transitional Care from Hospital to Home. A nurse from NurseRegistry can support a smooth transition home after a hospital discharge.
- Respite Care. Caring for a loved one who has experienced a stroke can be demanding. Our nurses can provide care for your loved one, allowing you the rest you deserve.
- Patient and Caregiver Education. Our nurses are happy to provide teaching visits on medication administration, wound care, and more.
Hundreds of families count on us to find dependable, reliable nurses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where does post-stroke recovery take place?
Stroke survivors can be cared for in their own homes following a hospital stay. A private nurse can be sent to your home or a place where the patient will feel most comfortable to provide individualized support and care.
What are the benefits of hiring a private nurse for in-home stroke recovery?
In-home private nurses can assist in ensuring that the client is properly cared for as they transition home. Nursing care can be tailored specifically to the individual’s needs and may include tube feedings, tracheostomy care, or other medical services.
How much does stroke care cost?
The cost of hiring a private nurse for stroke recovery care will vary depending on the level of assistance you need and the total hours of care. It will also depend on the nurse’s licensure, experience, and training.
Do you accept insurance?
At this time, we are private pay only. However, we do work with our clients to assist in reimbursement from both primary health and long term care insurance. Please contact your individual insurance carrier to confirm eligibility.
Do I need a doctor’s authorization?
Yes, a doctor’s order is required to hire a private nurse for in-home stroke recovery care. An assessment by a nurse does not require a doctor’s approval, but any form of care does. If you or a loved one is experiencing symptoms of a stroke, contact 9-1-1. A private nurse is not able to help in an emergency. NurseRegistry services are for patients recovering from stroke.